Worth the Wait

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning (Psalm 130:5-6)

As 2016 comes to a close, I am amazed at how God answers prayer. He is so faithful. We asked for guidance in finding our next home, and God lead us to Lincoln. It took three houses - and three offers - before the right one came along. Ironically (or God-ronically) it happened on my 54th birthday! We saw the house, prayed about it with our realtor, immediately put in an offer, and the offer was accepted. Praise Jesus! Everything just fell into place. We put everything in storage for three weeks, stayed with Jackie and Dane, then moved into our new house on October 18th. Whirlwind is putting it mildly.

As for the house, it's a perfect fit for us. It's got the open floor plan we wanted. It has a small patio (with waterfall), and it's near a duck park/nature area. The neighborhood is lovely. After a little paint and some home decor shopping, it's all beginning to come together. It's been such a long wait, and a TON of work moving, but it's all worth it. I'm so grateful for this new chapter in our lives. I'm looking forward to 2017 and what God has for us next.




Comments

  1. It is just perfect for the two of you...and perhaps a small visitor wrapped in a bundle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Adam - My Nature Boy

The Things We Pack

My One Word For 2016: Release