Jogging McBean


I've never been a runner. Ever. Once this girl gets above a brisk walk, she can't breathe, her legs feel like jello, and she feels like she wants to die. Don's the jogger in the family. He even ran a marathon back in 2000 (at age 46). So impressive! I've always felt like if I could walk, then I was doing pretty well. But here's the deal. I'm getting rather fat. It takes all of two minutes for me to go from my Weight Watchers goal weight to 10 lbs over that weight! What gives? I just had a health check for a new life insurance policy on November 1st. That was six weeks ago, and I've put on 5 lbs since then. Thanksgiving. Christmas goodies. Wine. Lots of wine. The Christmas season is so stressful! Ugh!

So, this weekend I decided I'm going to become a runner. I want those endorphins everyone talks about. I want to experience a "runners high" - whatever that is. I want the cellulite to melt off my thighs. And to be able to zip my pants without a muffin layer oozing out.  

I don't need January 1st to make a new years' resolution. I'm doing it now. I have a beautiful path right next to my house. The McBean Park trail runs along the Auburn Ravine. Not only is it super pretty, it's just the right amount of distance. Up and back is about 30 minutes (2 miles).

So here goes!  Wish me luck! 


Comments

  1. Are you smoking crack? I love you. I don't care about your muffin but I do care about your back! Remember that previously broken part of your body? How bout fast walking...something not so jarring on your spine. I want you to be upright at Sea Ranch with me for the next 30-40 years. Call me selfish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bout Walking McMuffin instead? I named mine btw. Her name is Rollie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have had time to think about my comment and I decided that I need to be prayerfully supportive vs accusing you of smokin' the pipe. Hope you forgive me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Adam - My Nature Boy

The Things We Pack

My One Word For 2016: Release