He Knows My Name

In my Bible study this week, we are learning about Jesus, the Good Shepherd. "I Am the Good Shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me" (John 10:14). "He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out" (John 10:3). Wow. I'm simply blown away that Jesus knows my name. The creator of the universe, the one who determined the number of stars in the sky and called each of them by name. Not only does he know my name, but he pursues me personally. 

I remember the first time I heard about this name-knowing. I was 19. There I was at a Christian concert, and the performer closed with a song called "Nobody Knows Me Like You". 


Nobody knows me like you 

You put your arms around me
You bring me through
And there's many times I don't know what to do
Though some know me well
Still nobody knows me like you

I re-dedicated my heart to Jesus that night. How could I not? It was more than 30 years ago. Since then, my Good Shepherd continues to call me by name each day, leading me beside still waters, along the mountaintops and through the valleys of life, leading me to safe pastures. 


I honestly don't know how anyone can do life without him. This world is so messed up because the thief runs rampant. He comes to steal and kill and destroy. Boy does he. But Jesus. He came to give us life, and h
ave it to the full. I'm so grateful he knows my name. And I know his. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Adam - My Nature Boy

The Things We Pack

My One Word For 2016: Release